July 28, 2011

Pop!

I think my belly button is about to pop out. I am very sad about this! Judd and I have taken wagers on when we think the big event will actually happen. I think August 5th, he thinks August 20th or something like that. I really love my innie belly button and really don't want an outie. I hope it goes back when the baby is no longer pushing on it. :)
This summer is flying! I can't believe it's almost August. I can't believe that Maghann (my friend that has been my prego buddy) could have her baby any day. I can't believe it's time to start thinking about work again. I have seriously not even put one thought toward my upcoming class yet this summer. Nice huh? I was sooooo burnt out by the end of the school year, I really needed some time to be away from it. I have been working summer school and at RISE this summer, which are similar to my job, but have been different enough to offer the break that I so badly needed. I think I'm ready to get back into the swing of things with my actual job. I really will only be with my new students for a week or so before fetus comes. Horrible, horrible timing, but I can't wait!
Being pregnant has definitely not been as bad as I thought it would be. After the 1st trimester was over I really haven't had anything that I could complain much about. I feel good and haven't been overly tired. The little guy kicks me in the ribs all of the time, but that's about the worst thing I could complain about. I have been really lucky to have such an easy pregnancy. I like feeling him move around, but don't like the way it feels, does that make sense? Especially when it feel's like he's dragging an arm or leg across my stomach. I feel like I have an alien inside of me. :) It's still so weird to think that there is a PERSON INSIDE of my body. So weird! I am getting a little more anxious to see what he looks like and hold him in my arms. It's getting more and more real as it gets closer.
We just had a family reunion up in Idaho last weekend. We went camping and swimming in the Snake river and although it was a short trip, it was pretty fun! The boys (Judd, Paul and Tanner) decided to jump into the river on the last night around midnight...it was really funny. I am sad that we probably won't have a chance to go camping again this summer. I love camping! I even love camping when I'm pregnant! This summer has just been busy and has gone so fast and we haven't really made camping a priority unfortunately. Maybe next summer...
We're getting ready to go to Florida in a few weeks, and I am stoked. We're staying with Judd's grandma-whom I absolutely adore-in West Palm Beach. We're also driving up near Orlando to stay with his aunt for a few days. We're gonna spend lots of time on the beach/pool side. I'm hopin' for an awesome tan at the end. I've never been to Florida before, and I'm really excited to go there and also to meet some of Judd's family. We don't get to do that very often because they all live so far away.
Okay, that's all I can think of for now. I apologize for that lack of pictures. Hopefully I'll do that next time :)

3 comments:

Maghann said...

I, too, am sad the summer is going by really fast. It took forever to get here and now is swooshing by. Sorry about the outie :( Everyone told me that if i got one, not to worry cuz they go back in. You won't be stuck with one :)

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

The nice thing about a popped belly button is that it is an indicator of an almost fully cooked bun in the oven...like a turkey timer! ;) I'm glad the pregnancy has gone well for you. That makes life so much nicer.

Wardles said...

My belly button is popping out now too... it does go back in, but I understand how you are feeling. My thing is that I have the worst stretch marks this time around!! oh... but it's worth it. =) SO excited to see your little boy! We'll have to have them be friends!