March 12, 2011

MOM!

So, thanks to my lovely mom, (whom I love so so much) I have really dry skin. This stinks super bad when you live in Utah during the winter. It translates into having a really dry scalp which translates into DANDRUFF! I hate it! I have tried all the solutions I know...lots of conditioner, every single different kind of dandruff shampoo (currently trying the T-gel stuff), going longer between washing my hair, NONE of it is helping. Any solutions people?

Oh, by the way, I'm gonna be a mom. In September. Around September 12th to be exact. We're so excited! I'm just out of my first trimester and am feeling better everyday. It's nice to not feel nauseous all of the time. I was lucky and didn't throw up much, but felt like I needed to do so all day long. I would even feel it when I woke up in the middle of the night. I also am getting my energy back which is fantastic. I can finally get things done around the house again. Yay!

On that subject, here's a little shout out to my AWESOME AWESOME sisters-in-law, Steph and Pra who have ALREADY sent me stuff for the pregnancy. Steph lives clear in Germany and sent me a bunch of maternity clothes that are super cute and I'm so excited to have. Priscilla owns her own business called Scrunchbump and makes these amazing shirts and tanks that are totally meant for prego bellies. They're like Shade or Downeast but way better. She just sent me a ton for free. Pretty sure I have the best sisters-in-law in the world. They rock! Thanks so much girlies. It means a lot to me!

Anyway, Judd and I are super stoked to be able to start our family. I'm still not sure it's totally sunk in for me, but I get more and more excited everyday. We get to find out the gender on April 29th and it feels like forever away. I want to know right now! I still can't believe there is a PERSON growing inside of me. So crazy. We're so lucky to be able to have this little spirit join our family. Yay!

20 comments:

Bekah said...

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!HURRAY!!!!!!!!I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! You're going to be the best mom ever!!! I'm so happy for you and Judd and I can't wait to hear what you're having and see this beautiful baby! Glad you're feeling better! LOVE YOU!

Rob and Tami Stewart said...

Yay! Congrats, that is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you! You will be an amazing mommy. You'll have to post pics along the way...I'm sure you look super cute!

April said...

Yay! Congratulations Becky!!! That is so exciting and I was totally NOT expecting to read that announcement after your dandruff rant (which is how you meant it to be, I'm sure)! I also cannot wait to find out if it's a boy or girl and to see her/him when she/he's born! Congratulations again! You guys are going to be the best parents ever! And when I'm pregnant (in like ten years) maybe you can hook me up with some of those cute shirts from your sister-in-law.

Nielsen Familia said...

Yay! Congratulations!!!

Christy said...

yay! Congrats!!! growing a person is exhausting, so good work! :)

Steph said...

I am SO excited for you two! Becky, you will make THE greatest mom, hands down! ...and I totally thought you were gonna tell us something your mom did to ease the dandruff situation...then I realized the sarcasm at the beginning. haha. You're funny. So glad you're feeling better. I hate the first trimester worse than giving birth naturally!

Kathrin Paul said...

This is GREAT news!!

Deb and Jordan said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you!

Jenny said...

Oh my heck! This calls for a PB M&M movie party. . . .To bad I live so stinking far away. You are going to be the CUTEST mom ever. I'm so so so excited for you!!

Maghann said...

April 29th IS, like, a thousand years away!!!!! I wanna know who our kid is going to have as a best friend ;> Yay for the free clothes - I am totally checking out Scrunchbump!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Becky! That is SO exciting! It is a crazy, crazy journey - but the most incredible thing I have ever done in my life. People say it goes by quickly, and I guess looking back it kind of has...but I won't lie, it has felt like I've been pregnant FOREVER! :) Good luck!

Loveless Fam said...

CONGRATS!!! You are going to be an awesome mom! September is a great month to have babies. I have had 2 in September...its so much fun to be big and prego in the summer:)

Linds said...

What wonderfully super exciting news!! hooray! Congratulations! So glad to hear you are feeling better going on into your 2nd timester... nausea is just miserable even if you aren't throwing up! You will be such a wonderful mommy! Marriage is sooo much fun and parenthood just adds such an awesome new dimension to it. So happy for you guys!!

Melissa & Cameron said...

Congratulations! That is super exciting news! You are going to be great parents!So happy for you guys!

Ashley said...

Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!! That is so so so great! I'm very excited for you two!

Natalie Redd said...

Congratulations! That is super exciting! You'll love it!

Ally Cox said...

Yay, Congrats Becky! That is awesome news and I am so happy for you. Being a mom is the most amazing thing in the world and I know you are going to rock at it! :-)

Wardles said...

That is so exciting Becky! Congratulations, we're due a day a part! We can have friends as children!!! Oh how exciting! You will be an amazing mom!

Emilee Erb said...

Congratulations!! You truly will be an amazing mom. You have such a wonderful heart.

I too have the super dry skin. I get eczema all over--even on my scalp. I started using Aveeno shampoo and conditioner this winter and it has totally cut down my scalp eczema. Don't wash your hair every day, and only blow dry a couple of times in the week. The extra heat makes your head dry out more. This is what I've found works for me.

Angie said...

We are officially fighting since I had to find out this great news on your blog! Congratulations!!!!!