October 23, 2011

1 month old!


Has it really been a month? My baby is growing so fast. It makes me sad and excited at the same time. I'm sad because I know he'll be walking before I know it and my baby won't be a baby anymore. Yet I'm excited to watch him grow and for him to be in a stage where he can interact with us a little more. He's such a good baby. He rarely cries and when he does, it's never a full out screaming fest. He is so content to just hang out wherever. We're so lucky! He's smiled at me once (where I think he meant to) and is starting to be a little more vocal, especially in the mornings. He's so happy in the morning.
He's doing pretty well at sleeping, although he has a pretty hard time putting himself to sleep. He will lie in his crib for over an hour and not go to sleep. Little poop. I'm not sure what to do to help him with that. I usually just make him stay in his crib for the whole time he's supposed to be in there. I will sometimes go in and give him his pacifier if he gets really upset, but usually he doesn't cry much, he just won't go to sleep. I'm hoping we can work it out. :) He kinda has set times during the day when he does it. After the morning feeding when I put him down around 9 or 10 and then again at night when I put him down around 8 or 9. Other than that, he sleeps pretty well. He's started going 4 or 5 hours during the night...can't wait til that's a little longer. :)
He gets the hiccups ALL OF THE TIME. Sometimes they keep him up when he's supposed to be sleeping. They're so frustrating! I feel so bad for him, although they probably bother me more than they bother him.
He's been pretty gassy the past week. I'm trying to figure out if it's something that I'm eating that's bothering his tummy, so I'm currently on a dairy fast to see if that will help. It is not easy. I didn't really realize how much dairy I eat in a day. He's worth it though.
Anyway...I can't believe it's already been a month and that it's almost time for me to go back to work. It's so sad! I wish I could get paid to stay home and take care of this little guy. He's the light of our lives! I love being his mom, I love taking care of him, and I love how he makes my heart happy with every little thing he does.

1 comment:

Wardles said...

Isn't it so crazy how fast time flies!