July 26, 2010

We are pioneers...


For the 24th I decided that I wanted to go and see the fireworks. It's been forever since I've been. We are always doing something on the 4th of July that does not consist of fireworks, so it seemed like it would be fun. We invited Maghann and Paul to come with us and we went to California Pizza Kitchen first. That was super duper yummy! Then we headed to Liberty Park for the fireworks. I thought I was thinking ahead by getting there around 8:30. NOT! Seriously, did everyone in Salt Lake decide to go see those things? It was nutso. We had to park like a million and a half blocks away and even there we barely found a spot. Crazy. Anyway, the fireworks were just okay. Apparently that's partially due to the little mishap they had. We were wondering where the stinkin' grand finale was. I feel a little better knowing that there was supposed to be more, but the part we saw wasn't anything special. I decided that I will not be participating in that madness again anytime soon :). But, I did feel very patriotic! (Even though I'm not sure how fireworks really celebrate the pioneer concept...)

1 comment:

Maghann said...

Salami! I love salami!!